Reporting to the Director of the Krause Center for Innovation (KCI), the Director of Strategy and Marketing for KCI supports the effectiveness expansion and replication of KCI programs. Under the general direction of the Director of the KCI, this position will lead business efforts for the KCI and will focus on strategic and business planning, creating and executing on the marketing plan, and supporting the KCI development of fundraising efforts, including grant proposal development.
NATURE and SCOPE: The Director of Strategy and Marketing for the KCI is responsible for developing business proposals and budgets for contract education and program replications; manage outside vendors; and work with classified staff involved in web and marketing activities. This position supervises a part-time web designer and developer, a part-time marketing position, and a student assistant.
KEY DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES: The following duties and responsibilities are typical but not limited to the following:
1. Provide leadership and manage strategic planning activities for the KCI including long-term vision and mission.
2. Develop and implement strategic initiative plans and associated marketing plans.
3. Manage and develop grants and partnership activities internally and externally for the KCI; coordinate efforts with the Director for the KCI.
4. Manage all aspects of grants and coordinate economic development issues.
5. Manage outside vendors; represent the KCI to outside audiences and agencies to increase program awareness; establish working relationships with external groups and organizations to promote the KCI mission.
6. Supervise the marketing, social media, and website personnel at the KCI, including contract education activities.
7. Develop additional revenue streams to support the KCI strategic direction.
8. Develop business proposals and budgets for contract education and program replication.
9. Establish and maintain relationships with Foothill-De Anza Foundation staff, consultants, and teachers-in-residence to develop and execute action plans, strategic initiatives and activities.
10. Prepare and administer budgets; prepare justifications and recommendations; and assure maintenance of documentation.
11. Supervise and evaluate the performance of assigned personnel.
12. Provide leadership and training for staff to ensure that staff remains aware of and familiar with District and college policies and procedures.
13. Lead or participate in various college, district-wide, regional meetings and/or committees for directors, managers, deans, learning communities, and tasks groups as required.