The Development and Communications Associate (DCA) performs a variety of skilled administrative and clerical duties directly related to PCRC’s development and communication activities. The DCA provides administrative and communications support to PCRC’s program and development activities to ensure growth in its funding base and visibility by creating high-quality communications materials and updating its social media handles.
The DCA reports to the Director of Development & Communications and may interact with the Board Fund Development Committee.
Primary responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Enter donation, pledge and donor information data into Salesforce
• Pull and prepare mailing list for appeals, events, and stewardship activities.
• Develop/send mass mailings.
• Prepare reports and dashboards, providing access to data and metrics quickly and efficiently.
• Acknowledge all donations with accurate, personalize acknowledgement within 72 hours of receiving donation.
• Track and process donations and prepare acknowledgement letters and other correspondence with donors.
• Works with the Director of Finance with grant reporting protocols and procedures.
• Organize fundraising events, receptions and VIP gatherings.
• Assist in the preparation, planning, promotion and execution of special events, receptions, VIP gatherings, and other stewardship activities.
• Maintain all contact management databases and systems.
• Create materials and prepare packets for donor meetings.
• Support with recruitment & retention of volunteers.
Communications & Marketing
• Assist in implementing an annual marketing and communications plan.
• Assist in maintaining and developing content for PCRC’s print and electronic communications, such as writing and editing brochures, flyers, website content, social media posts, etc..
• Write and edit monthly e-newsletter.
• Update and monitor PCRC’s event calendar.
• Assist in preparing monthly marketing and communications report to the Board of Directors, Fund Development committee and staff, such as social media analytics.
• Manage the back end of member email system (Constant Contact), including creating lists, cleaning lists, and setting up emails
• Periodically do graphic design projects, including creating graphics for emails, social media, flyers, programs, etc..
• Pull lists from database for program and communications purposes • Help staff troubleshoot email system, website, and social media issues