About the Role
Under the supervision of the Accounting Manager, performs all aspects of Accounts Receivable of the organization and assists the Accounting Manager with day-to-day operations of accounting functions of the organization.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Issue monthly invoices for SJB families and ensure payments for childcare services are received timely.
• Set up new accounts, recur monthly fee and collect late pick up charge to all active accounts.
• Post customer payments by recording check and credit card transactions.
• Post credits for vacation days and holidays.
• Post all fees changes to each individual account based on Notice of Action (NOA)
• Ensure monthly attendance sheets are completed correctly and invoice Alternative payment programs (APP).
• Reconcile APP invoices with payments received and resolve discrepancies.
• Maintain correspondence for all Alternative Payment Program (APP) participants.
• Interface with families to discuss outstanding receivables and account discrepancies.
• Maintain correspondence with collection agency.
• Maintain credit card agreements and process all credit card transactions.
• Reconcile deposits with postings of A/R.
• Code, post all accounts receivable related items.
• Posting of various cash receipts
• Complete childcare verification requests.
• Maintain Accounts Receivable files and records.
• Correspond with Site Directors regularly to review accounts.
• Send out year-end childcare payments made by families.
• Post NSF/Return checks.
• Meet with new families to review payment policy.
• Interface with Family Services team to terminate families with delinquent fees.
• Prepare data and reports for annual external audit.
• Maintain Agency and site asset inventory for all purchases per federal and state requirements and purchases with a useful life of over one year.
• Ensure Agency and staff follow the procurement policy and procedures.
• Accounts Receivables Training for new staff.
• Assist in completing various reports to funding agencies, including but not limited to, Child and Adult Care Food program (CACFP), California Department of Education (CDE) and California Department of Social Services (CDSS) reports, Santa County Office of Education, and First 5
• Assist in reconciliation of bank accounts and credit cards.
About the Company
SJB Child Development Centers is committed to providing high quality learning environments to support the success and well-being of children and families in our diverse communities.
We believe all children, regardless of economic status, deserve investment by dedicated skilled professionals in warm environments, which educate, engage, and inspire. Since 1971, it has been SJB’s privilege to prepare children and families for brighter and more prosperous futures with innovative services transcending traditional childcare. By providing children with the care and education they deserve and parents with access to the resources they need, we work together to create a vibrant, thriving community.