About the Role
The Accounts Payable Administrator is responsible for entering, reconciling, and paying invoices and expenses for the Organization. They administer the organizations credit card and expense programs. They also assist with organizing supporting documents for government grant billing.This is a hybrid position that requires to be in the office 2-3 days per week. Tuesday and Thursday required in office.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Processes mail, invoices, employee expense and credit card reports, reimbursements, and petty cash.
- Maintains vendor accounts, prepares credit applications for new accounts, closes vendor accounts.to
- Responds to vendor inquiries and resolves any discrepancies in billings and payments.
- Prepares credit card expense reports for senior staff, review and monitor spending for staff.
- Prepares year end vendor tax reports (W2).
- Calculates allocations for multiple locations and fund sources using Excel formulas and pivot tables.
- Assists in preparation of government grant billing supporting documentation.
- Records, verifies, and posts payments received by the organization.
- Assists in reconciling general ledger journal entries, credit card and bank account statements.
- Administers employee credit card and expense reimbursement programs (Ramp, Amazon Business).
- Participates in meetings and presents expense payable information as requested.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
- Associate degree (AA) in Accounting or Finance from an accredited college or university in a work-related discipline or field.
- A minimum of 2 years accounting experience required.
- Computer Skills: Microsoft Office, Excel (VLOOKUP and Pivot Tables), Salesforce, Accounting, Budget Payroll software, Adobe.
- Physical Requirements: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, talk, and hear and use hands to finger, handle or feel. The employee is required to stand and walk. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. The employee must be able to occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Valid CA Driver License, reliable vehicle with current insurance
About the Company
COME CREATE IMPACT WITH US
Downtown Streets Team (DST) is looking for a passionate and outgoing Accounts Payable Administrator in San Jose to help us end homelessness through the dignity of work and the power of community. We run two proven programs in 16 cities that successfully transition the unhoused to self-sufficiency.
The Nonprofit Times calls Downtown Streets Team one of the best nonprofits to work for. Our innovative model of social action has been recognized as one of five evidence-based, best-practices in California. We offer meaningful work alongside compassionate and talented colleagues as well as competitive benefits & salaries. We encourage collaboration, creativity, and continuous learning.