About the Role
Reporting to the Support Services Department, Community Support Manager (North), the Bilingual Community Support Advocate (North):
• Provides direct advocacy, counseling, safety planning, case management, support groups, community referrals to adults and children impacted by sexual assault, domestic violence and human trafficking both in person and on the phone using a strength-based, client-centered, trauma-informed approach.
• Provide walk-in support at Stanford &/or Palo Alto office. Hours & dates are subject to change depending on the need of survivors
• Effectively advocate for survivors with outside agencies and community organizations, including law enforcement, SART nurses, the District Attorney’s office, social services, etc
• Manage a caseload of survivors of domestic violence &/or sexual assault; assess advocacy
service needs; arrange, coordinate and monitor the delivery of individualized services
• Maintains accurate and confidential records (hard copy and soft copy) of client services (service plans and achievements) and demographics and updates records in ETO (Efforts to Outcomes database) on a timely basis.
• Assists in facilitating department trainings and community presentations as needed
• Facilitates low-barrier entry service provision
About the Company
Join a passionate, dynamic team dedicated to eliminating racism, empowering women, and promoting peace, justice, freedom and dignity for all. For over 100 years, YWCA Golden Gate Silicon Valley has provided programs and services that form a critical continuum of response, healing, and prevention. To encourage survivor self-determination, services are delivered through a strengths-based, non-judgmental and trauma-informed lens that aligns with our mission. Be a key part of shaping this future as our new Bilingual Community Support Advocate (North).