About the Role
Reporting to the Director of Communications, the Communications and Engagement Coordinator will help leverage digital communications tools to cultivate an engaged base of supporters, deepen and complement our field operations, and shift the narrative around our core issues. They will play an important role in uplifting the voices and stories of historically underrepresented communities and people, and integrating justice and equity into our storytelling practice and organizational culture.
The ideal candidate for this position brings experience using online tools to grow, engage, and mobilize a membership base; Experience working with and engaging community members; The Communications and Engagement Coordinator should also have demonstrated experience in the following areas:
- 3 years of experience working in a communications role, ideally at a mission-driven organization with an economic and racial justice lens
- Strong written and verbal communications skills; Ability to write quickly and sharply for a variety of audiences and in different formats
- Experience using CRMs, texting, relational organizing, and online advocacy tools such as: ActionNetwork, EveryAction, ThruText, Striv, New/Mode, Phone2Action, Soapboxx, Flipgrid, or their equivalents
- Experience using Facebook Business Suite to create and run Facebook ad campaigns
- Tech-savvy and comfortable learning new skills and software
- Strong organization, time management skills, and communication skills.
- Nuanced understanding of and ability to speak and write about racial equity and racial disparities, and a willingness to learn more about our core issues such as housing, healthcare local governance, gig economy, and more
About the Company
Working Partnerships USA is a community organization bringing together the power of grassroots organizing and public policy innovation to drive the movement for a just economy. We build the capacity of workers, low-income neighborhoods, and communities of color to lead and govern. Based in Silicon Valley, we tackle the root causes of inequality and poverty by leading collaborative campaigns for quality jobs, healthy communities, equitable growth, and a democracy that works for all. We are co-founders of Silicon Valley Rising which is fighting to inspire the tech industry to build an inclusive, middle class. For 25 years, Working Partnerships USA has been at the forefront of the national movement for a just economy driven by the power of working people.