About the Role
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, the Director of Major Gifts plans, executes, and evaluates a major gifts’ program, corporate development and engagement strategies, and supports annual campaign activities and signature fundraising events. The Director will:
- Identify and Manage a portfolio of approximately 125 individual donors and prospects (across our geographic service region) with a focus on securing annual gifts in the $1,000+ range; directly contributing to $1+ million in revenue in restricted/unrestricted major donations funding.
- Develop individual donor stewardship plans for each donor and prospect in the major gifts portfolio, using moves management best practices to deepen donor relations, retain donors and help to upgrade their gifts over time.
- Effectively engage corporations as partners, identifying and executing effective volunteer engagement opportunities for corporate partnership.
- Provide support to Philanthropy Department as needed, and act as an advocate to enhance awareness of the YWCA Golden Gate Silicon Valley’s resource development needs internally as well as outside the agency.
- The Director ensures that YWCA has a compelling case for support, that we have a compelling and top of mind brand, and that we deliver on that brand promise to our investors, the community and ourselves.
About the Company
Join a passionate, dynamic team dedicated to eliminating racism, empowering women, and promoting peace, justice, freedom, and dignity for all.
For over 100 years, YWCA Golden Gate Silicon Valley has provided programs and services that form a critical continuum of response, healing, and prevention. Our dedication to the people we serve is unparalleled. We have an exciting future, and the team to deliver on that lasting change for the people we serve. To encourage survivor self-determination, services are delivered through a strengths-based, non-judgmental, and trauma-informed lens that aligns with our mission.