About the Role
The Director of Operations is responsible for overseeing day-to-day operations and leading a team of Operations Managers to ensure that the organization is running smoothly and efficiently for internal and external stakeholders and that Cake4Kids fulfills its obligations to deliver cakes to youth.
- Lead a team of operations managers and manage operations volunteers to ensure smooth day-to-day operations
- Qualify potential agency partners and manage agency engagement and communications
- Assist Executive Director with assessment of potential new chapters; support ChapterAmbassadors with chapter setup, operations, milestones; and attend monthly Ambassadormeetings
- Own internal and external documentation of Cake4Kids’ processes and guidelines
- Continually review all operations and identify areas to improve efficiency and accuracy – perform cost-benefit analysis, make decisions on projects or improvements, and ensure they are implemented successfully
- Provide operations reports to the Board and the Executive Director on a regular basis, attend Board meetings, and participate on or contribute to Board committees as requested
- Participate in annual strategy, goals, and budget-setting as part of leadership team, and recommend operations capacity and staffing plans
- Participate in planning and execution of events nationwide, and attend in-person events in the San Francisco Bay Area
About the Company
Cake4Kids provides at-risk youth with positive, critical childhood experiences that build their self-esteem and help guide them toward a bright future—their very own cake in celebration of birthdays, graduations, adoptions, and academic awards. For underserved youth experiencing trauma or hardship, the simplest gesture of being seen and celebrated provides an integral component of emotional and social wellness to help carry them through their difficult circumstances.