About the Role
Next Door Solutions seeks a strategic organizational leader with an exceptional management background to advance the mission, support programming and staff goals, and to elevate community partnerships. The Director of Programs will operationalize best practices in management systems; streamline collaboration of teams; oversee program execution; provide direct supervision and day-to-day management of staff; and ensure strong organizational performance to meet targeted goals.
● Lead day-to-day management of the program teams, composed of four full-time staff members working on all major program areas from prevention to intervention
● Coach, collaborate, and supervise program staff to ensure programmatic and team success based on organizational values and goals
● Work with the Executive Director, and full leadership team, to develop a streamlined workflow across the organization through systems and processes that ensure effective management of programs, staff, and deliverables
● Serve as a representative of NDS externally, including programmatic, fundraising, and overall organizational events
● Cultivate partnerships and relationships through collaboration with stakeholders
● Ensure all programmatic activities and timelines align to effectively meet organizational calendar and goals
● Implement and facilitate staff team meetings, and quarterly and year-end strategic planning sessions
● Manage and monitor program budgets and expenditures, including surfacing needs and possibilities, in coordination with the Executive Director and the finance team
● Support and often lead the process of recruitment and hiring personnel, volunteers, and necessary contractors to maintain quality of programming
● Track organizational success metrics and implement a system of feedback and evaluation, in reflection of organizational values, that ensures strong work plans and alignment between individual, team, and organizational goals and priorities
● Support the professional development and growth of team members
Cultivate a positive and collaborative environment for program participants, staff, and overall NDS community
About the Company
Our mission is to end domestic violence in the moment and for all time.
In 1971, our founder Bea Robinson Mendez, concerned about the lack of services and options for domestic violence survivors, gathered a small group of her friends to figure out a solution. They set up a shelter in a garage and established a hotline number to provide information and support to survivors. Unbeknownst to them, it would become the second domestic violence agency in California and the first bilingual domestic violence shelter in the nation. So began the story of Next Door Solutions to Domestic Violence (NDS).
Domestic violence is the most prevalent form of gender-based violence, often the most frequently reported crime and arguably the one with the greatest damaging effect on our families, youth, and communities. We are the only stand-alone, domestic violence agency in Santa Clara County, answering approximately 15,000 crisis calls and serving an average of 3,000 survivors of domestic violence annually. Our comprehensive, compassionate, bilingual, and multicultural services are available free of charge to all individuals across the gender spectrum and of varying abilities.
By joining NDS, you become part of a team that serves thousands, uplifts community models of support, and looks first for a way to say “yes.” NDS is a place where inclusion, diversity, equity, access, liberation (IDEAL) are not just celebrated, but they are central to our existence. We are emerging from the pandemic in a stage of rapid reflection, and change, which means exciting new opportunities are opening up for forming transformative community partnerships, nurturing our staff, and growing our team.