About the Role
Early Learning Master Teacher
Spanish bilingual is required
$30.00 per hour
GENERAL PURPOSE OF JOB: The Early Learning Master Teacher, under supervision of the Early Learning Program Manager, plans, organizes and implements the organization's educational program for children enrolled in the Early Learning Program.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Plan, organize and implement the program for preschool-aged children in accordance with approved curriculum, applicable policies and philosophy of Think Together.
- Provide learning readiness experiences in literacy, language, mathematics, science, social growth and self-concept.
- Develop and implement daily lesson plans to meet the individual needs/interests of children.
- Establish and maintain standards of student behavior needed to achieve a functional learning atmosphere.
- Maintain an atmosphere that develops each child's self-esteem and respect for others. Evaluate student achievement and growth using State, Think's and district assessments.
- Maintain records of children's progress.
- Conduct parent conferences on children's school adjustment, academic progress and classroom behavior.
- Assist in identifying children with special needs and refer to proper agencies for testing and evaluation. Maintain a clean, safe, attractive and positive learning environment, which assists children in making a positive transition from home to preschool.
- Attend staff meetings.
- Maintain professional competence through participation in trainings, workshops, courses and other professional growth activities.
- Provide training and work direction to instructional assistants and volunteers; participate in evaluations as requested.
- Change children's clothes and tend to injuries, illness and toileting needs as necessary.
- Assure availability of appropriate classroom supplies and materials; requisition necessary supplies and materials as needed.
- Assume Site Director responsibilities when director is not present.
- Other duties as assigned to meet program needs, requirements and regulations
About the Company
Founded in 1997, Think Together partners with schools to change the odds for kids by providing award-winning programs during and outside the school day. We’re one of California’s largest nonprofits working in school districts from San Diego to San Francisco. Whether you’re interested in early learning, elementary, middle or high school, you can invest in your community by working at a local school or working within our home office providing support!
EDUCATION and / or EXPERIENCE:
- AA degree or higher and 24 units ECE/CD (Early Childhood Education/Child Development) including core courses, plus 16 General Education units, 6 units in area of specialization area, and 2 semester units of adult supervision and experience (350 days@ 3 hours/day) working with preschool age children within the last four years. (Child Development Site Supervisor Preferred) o Must pass background check o TB test clearance to be renewed every two years.
- Current certification in Pediatric CPR/First Aid and Health and Safety (16 hours) o Comply with immunization, background check standards and other required screenings as mandated by Human Resources
- Ability to work well with people and a sensitivity to the needs of children and families.
- Computer skills and knowledge of Windows, Excel and Word at an intermediate or advanced level.
- Ability to correctly and effectively communicate in written and oral English.
- A California Driver's License, daily use of an automobile, and automobile liability insurance Must pass background check
- Must be bilingual in Spanish