About the Role
The Mayfair Coordinator develops strong organizing leadership in the predominantly immigrant
Mayfair community; facilitates solution-based discussions around multi-generational challenges
and supports the development of community strategies to support a thriving and vibrant Mayfair.
Ideal Candidate Qualifications and Qualities
- Deep passion and commitment to advancing racial, economic and social justice in immigrant, working class and multi-generational communities
- Successful candidates will have significant experience in, and an ability to demonstrate a deep understanding of Universidad Popular de Mayfair (UPM) and SOMOS Mayfair’s Leadership Development Model, within 90 days of their employment.
- Community organizing, community leadership development and community power building experience
- Expertise in outreach, turn out, public presentations and group facilitation
- Highly motivated, time management skills, team player, and eager to learn