About the Role
The Executive Director will be an experienced, dynamic, leader with exceptional interpersonal skills, and a demonstrated track record in organizational development, fundraising, and program management, as well as community engagement, governmental relations, and team building.
Working in partnership with the Board of Directors, the Executive Director (ED) is responsible for the overall leadership of the organization. The ED leads staff toward the achievement of the organization’s mission and vision, effectively advocates and fundraises, and must be an example of exemplary ethical conduct.
In this leadership role, the individual performs the following duties personally or through subordinate managers and models respect and professionalism in all dealings with others.
Working with the Executive Committee of CADRE, the ED will update and enhance the collaborative's operations, plans, and training to build a resilient disaster recovery network, direct activities to increase awareness of CADRE, expand partnerships and seek to strengthen resources and financial support.
This position may be funded at full-time or half-time with benefits.
Education and Preferred Experience
- BA or BS in a related field. Substitute experience and qualifications will be considered on a case-by-case basis;
- Ten (10) or more years of nonprofit, public sector, or relevant leadership in roles of increasing responsibility is preferred;
- Proven fundraising ability, including securing funding from grants, institutional funders and individual donors;
- Demonstrated experience in effective project management;
- Demonstrated experience in community organizing, engaging diverse communities, and bringing together a variety of stakeholders for collaboration to solve common problems facing the community;
- Strategic thinking, creativity and a sense of humor;
- Remain calm and focused under pressure.
- Must show proof of COVID vaccination and boosters
About the Company
Collaborating Agencies’ Disaster Relief Effort is a collaborative of non-profit agencies, social service groups, faith-based organizations, volunteer groups, government agencies, public institutions, and private entities (Community Based Organizations (CBOs)) active in preparedness, response and/or recovery in Santa Clara County. The CBOs and CADRE are dedicated to growing local capabilities to support the community during emergencies/disasters. CADRE serves as the local VOAD (Voluntary Organizations Active in Disaster) and builds community emergency preparedness capabilities by facilitating cooperation, communication, coordination, and collaboration.