About the Role
The Housing Specialist provides housing support and assistance to survivors of gender-based violence and human trafficking. This position performs landlord outreach and engagement assistance to connect clients with sustainable housing opportunities.
Duties and responsibilities
- Negotiates client leases, attends housing interviews, and assists with tenant-landlord mediation.
- Works with survivors to assess housing needs and identify appropriate housing placements.
- Guides and educates clients on how to search for, secure, and maintain permanent affordable housing.
- Guides and educates clients in applying for financial assistance for move-in costs, deposits, and/or delinquent rent.
- Identifies and collaborates with potential local housing stakeholders and community partners.
- Develops and maintains a database of available housing opportunities for potential and current clients.
- Provides education about the impact of gender-based violence on housing, and landlord and tenant rights and responsibilities.