About the Role
MACLA / Movimiento de Arte y Cultura Latino Americana is seeking a Marketing Contractor (Independent Contractor) who is passionate about contemporary Latinx art, communication strategies for MACLA programming, and engaging with MACLA’s mission.
This is a contract position billed monthly through the end of June 2024 with a possibility of renewal for the next fiscal year beginning July 1, 2024. This position is expected to work 15-20 hours/week but hours may range per week. Ideally, this is a hybrid position with some hours in-person at our location in downtown San Jose.
SCOPE OF WORK
- Develop key messages about MACLA programs and select compelling, dynamic images to reinforce message
- Meet on a regular basis with MACLA staff to determine deadlines and next steps, brief staff on overall marketing strategies
- Track, archive, and report on MACLA media metrics
- Interface with graphic designer, printer, mail-house and other vendors
- Update Website (WordPress)
- Write and implement E-news (MailChimp)
- Draft social media posts for program staff to post (Facebook, Instagram)
- With program staff, strategize key audience targets and individual strategies (i.e. schools, universities, neighborhood groups, social or civic groups, etc.)
- Project manage the creation of MACLA’s season mailer
- Project manage the creation of the Latinx Art Now! Live Auction brochure
Priority Deadline: January 31, 2024
We encourage proposals from BIPOC, immigrants, LGBTQ applicants, people with disabilities, and people with lived experience in poverty, or otherwise disadvantaged communities. Santa Clara County and Bay Area applicants will be prioritized.
Please contact email@example.com if you have any questions.
About the Company
MACLA is an inclusive contemporary arts space grounded in the Chicano/Latino experience that incubates new visual, literary and performance art in order to engage people in civic dialogue and community transformation.