About the Role
Under the supervision of the Educational Health and Supportive Services Director, provide culinary leadership as the agency plans, organizes, implements, and monitors comprehensive nutrition and food learning services. Build and sustain genuine relationships with SJB employees, young learners and families, to educate them on healthy eating habits through activities and programs that support life-long wellness.
- Oversee SJB’s Food Learning initiatives and curriculum to ensure best practice, and implementation across all departments.
- Conduct Child and Adult Care Food Program (CACFP) required monitoring visits at all SJB centers, three times per food program year in coordination with the Food and Nutrition Service Manager.
- Design, coordinate and facilitate nutrition education and food learning trainings for SJB program staff and families.
- Provide training and mentorship to SJB program staff as Food Learning Notes are implemented into the curriculum and learning environment.
- Design and plan seasonal cycle menus that meet the requirements of the CACFP and prepare standard recipes and order guides for all menus. Create monthly menus for the SJB food program.
- Provide training and technical support for the Food Program Staff at the central kitchen and Kitchen TA’s at the centers.
- Design, coordinate and implement nutrition policies and procedures and manuals and train SJB staff on proper use.
- Initiate and implement partnership agreements with other agencies that provide nutrition services to increase access to healthy food throughout the community.
- Draft and monitor children’s Individual Nutrition Plans.
About the Company
SJB Child Development Centers is committed to providing high quality learning environments to support the success and well-being of children and families in our diverse communities.
We believe all children, regardless of economic status, deserve investment by dedicated skilled professionals in warm environments, which educate, engage, and inspire. Since 1971, it has been SJB’s privilege to prepare children and families for brighter and more prosperous futures with innovative services transcending traditional childcare. By providing children with the care and education they deserve and parents with access to the resources they need, we work together to create a vibrant, thriving community.