About the Role
The Organizing Director will be responsible for the development and implementation of org-wide program and organizing strategies to advance Working Partnerships USA’s long-term agenda. The Organizing Director will be responsible for effectively managing campaigns; developing, aligning, and executing an Organizing Model; and overseeing the progression and development of an emerging leadership pipeline. This role reports to the Executive Director, works in close partnership with the Political Director and Chief of Staff, and currently manages a team of 4 direct reports.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
The ideal candidate for this position has a demonstrated background in strategic campaign management along with evidence of successful project and people management. The Organizing Director should also have demonstrated experience in the following areas:
- Minimum of 5 years of progressive work experience managing, strategizing, and organizing union, labor, and/or community grassroots campaigns
- 5+ years of management experience, including a demonstrated track record of adopting a people-centered approach to supervising full-time, direct reports
- Demonstrated commitment to racial and social justice, showcasing a deep understanding of and passion for advancing equity; Previous experience in gig worker advocacy, housing advocacy, or other equity initiatives is a significant plus
- Strong project management and organization skills, with the ability to effectively prioritize tasks and meet deadlines
- Proven ability to transform ideas into actionable plans, translating vision into concrete strategies and steps
- Experience with digital organizing is a plus but not required
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with an emphasis on collaboration and relationship-building
- A strong connection to and network within San Jose is highly desirable, but not required
- Spanish fluency is preferred but not required
- Some travel is required, primarily within the greater Bay Area region, but sometimes beyond
About the Company
Working Partnerships USA is a community organization bringing together the power of grassroots organizing and public policy innovation to drive the movement for a just economy. We build the capacity of workers, low-income neighborhoods, and communities of color to lead and govern. Based in Silicon Valley, we tackle the root causes of inequality and poverty by leading collaborative campaigns for quality jobs, healthy communities, equitable growth, and a democracy that works for all. We are co-founders of Silicon Valley Rising which is fighting to inspire the tech industry to build an inclusive, middle class. For 25 years, Working Partnerships USA has been at the forefront of the national movement for a just economy driven by the power of working people.