About the Role
Do you have experience working in a non-profit finance environment. AACI is looking for a Senior Accountant to join us in our mission to strengthening the hope and resilience of our community members by improving their health, mental health, and well-being.
The Senior Accountant works independently to prepare journal entries, perform accounting reconciliations, prepare financial reports, and ensures controls are performed as designed. This position is critical to the ongoing compliance of fiscal reporting requirements. The Senior Accountant works closely with all other accounting staff to ensure timely and accurate month-end and year-end close processes.
At AACI you can be sure that you are in an environment that focuses on your wellness and professional development, from our monthly wellness activities, to our many of training opportunities!
What we can offer you:
- Hybrid Remote Model with company laptop
- 11 Paid Holidays, a Floating Holiday, and a day off for Civic Engagement!
- Paid Vacation and Sick Time
- Comprehensive benefit plan with four Health Plan Options (we pay 95% of premiums!)
- 403(b) Retirement Plan with match
- Eligibility for the State Loan Forgiveness Program
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or equivalent education and training in a related field.
- Minimum of six or more years of experience in accounting; experience in cost accounting, government/fund accounting, governmental contracts, federal awards, and/or non-profit organizations preferred.
- Experience working with multiple funding sources, especially non profit environment, highly desired.
About the Company
Founded in 1973, AACI serves individuals and families with cultural humility, sensitivity and respect, advocating for and serving the marginalized and ethnic communities in Santa Clara County.